Take charge of your brain and make it work for you this year.
Designed for Neurodiverse Brains
Your brain is unique. We took care to design the entire planner with this in mind. From the clear cover and tear out pages — so nothing is out of sight, out of mind — to the easily scannable page layouts with icons and visuals. We set up this planner to be something that will work for you and not against you.
Build Orgazational Skills
Scan the QR codes to get exclusive online access to strategically paced short exercises designed to build your understanding of executive functioning skills. Challenge yourself and join others putting it into practice one bite-sized piece at a time. Written by a therapist in a simple and conversational way, it's like having an organizational coach at your fingertips.
Designed for flexibility with a light dot grid and helpful sticker set, each layout allows you to use it how it works best for YOU!
Each page includes a large margin because we know that leaving room to doodle or jot down a random thought is really important.
Who is the planner created by?
This planner was created by Sara Nelson-Johns and Krissie VandeNoord. Sara and Krissie formed a partnership in 2022 with the focus of putting out resources to help people process and organize their unique life in a wholistic, full-self way.
Sara Nelson-Johns is a therapist (MSW, LCSW, LSCSW) in the Kansas City area. She has been practicing for nearly 20 years, specializing in ADHD. The specialized treatment plans she developed have led to the core foundations and principles in this planner.
Krissie VandeNoord is a user experience designer and artist who just so happens to be ADHD herself. She has spent 20+ years designing interactions with the core of human needs at the center. She has spent the past 11+ years parenting her own unique neurodiverse children. She brings all of this deep understanding to the ethos of the planner ensuring that it will meet you right where they are at.
Do the pages have to tear out?
We encourage everyone to use the planner in a way that works best for them, knowing that everyone is different. You do not have to tear out the pages, HOWEVER we do feel that tearing out pages serves some very valuable purposes.
- Tearing out pages lets you take advantage of the clear cover and ensure that your current month (and needs) are always on top.
- Tearing out pages helps you move on from a week or two that may have been less than ideal. We know you won't be perfect, and we want to foster a tool that doesn't constantly remind you of the past but helps you move towards trying again.
- Tearing out pages forces the movement of any unfinished tasks. You have to decide it's no longer important, or you move it to the next week. We prompt in our wrap-up checklist to move unfinished items to the next week or month before you tear out the page.
Will the pages tear out too easily?
The pages are not perforated, but the binding of the pages and the margin allowance of the binding helps the pages to tear out cleanly, but only when you are ready to do so!
What skills are covered?
In regards to organization and executive functioning areas, the planner covers the following:
- Inhibition and impulse control
- Time management
- Working memory
- Emotional self-regulation
- Flexible thinking
From a practical implementation standpoint, these include activities like (not a complete list):
- Doing a body scan to take stock of how you are doing right now
- How to stop an old routine and build a new habit
- Finding and using an accountability buddy to hold yourself responsible
- Tips to increase focus both in the moment and build focus endurance over time
- How to make and use a list in a way that works for you
- Long-term project planning framework
- How to boost memory recall
- Shifting your mindset from feeling stuck to moving forward
- Understanding the brain-body connection and how to fuel your body
Is there a digital download version?
No, there is not a digital download. We believe the physical compilation of the planner is an important part of it's effectiveness, and that using a hands-on tactile tool has significant benefits to how our brains engage and learn new ways of thinking.
Does the planner go beyond the work day or cover evenings/weekends?
Yes! Each week contains columns for Saturday and Sunday and time slots go from 6am to 11pm. One of the first activities presented is loading up the planner with known information across home, family, work, and personal activities.
When will this ship?
All planners ordered before December 4th will ship on or before December 4th. After December 4th planners will ship within 2 business days of the order being placed. All of the planners will ship free via USPS Priority.
What about the environment?
The environment matters to us too! We strongly believe that having a physical planner is important, but we've gone the extra mile to ensure we are being responsible to the planet. These planners are printed on ethically sourced paper supply with eco-conscious ink and shipped free with a carbon offset.
I love my new piece! I have really enjoyed watching Krissie's process of creating her art on Instagram. It has brought me a better understanding and appreciation of abstract art...which I have never really been drawn too. I love Krissie's art and look forward to collecting more pieces overtime.
I love this phone case! Durable and beautiful!
I love this iphone case! The design is absolutely stunning, and the case itself very protective of my phone. I get so many compliments about it.
Quick shipping too!
I was drawn to the piece when I saw it on the website. When I received it, I was so happy the colors were as vibrant as I’d hoped. Well done.